Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Defloration

She told me she was a virgin
She had never heard poetry before
So I put on my best suit
And laid rose petals on the floor
Held her by the hand
And told her dont be scared
It might hurt in the beginning
But thats just normal
Don't rush, take your time
Or you'll just ruin it
The trick is to listen with your heart
And let it move you
Hear each syllable
In the rhythm of your heart beat
Like each word was written
Just for you
Exhale only after each sentence
Inhale at the beginning of the next
Breathe life into inspiration
And inspiration into life
Poetry isnt for the celibate
It can take your innocence
As quickly as it can return it

She told me she was a virgin
She had never heard poetry before
And wanted her first time
To be memorable
So I set up a candlelit dinner table
Had the moon and the stars as audience
As words did the moonwalk on the milkyway
I was but the vessel
Through which they spoke
Words too heavy for my lips to carry
Offered up to the wind
Sacrificial poems to the slaughter
To woo this maiden's heart
A courtship to last a life time
A beautiful walk in the park
That sometimes turns to a storm
A performance once witnessed
You can never be the same again
Poetry is beautiful
Brutal
And unforgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment