Friday, February 1, 2013

The story(The day after The night before)

The day after the Friday night
I think it was a Tuesday afternoon
I had curled myself up in a blanket
On top of a soiled mattress in the corner of a room
Hiding my shame in folded arms
My dignity left with the weight I shed
I shared my spirit with the devil
And he was done with me
                                            For now
Still in a daze,asked to vacate the premises
Because my funds were now insufficient
Not enough to warrant my stay
The money I spent meant nothing now
Because I didn't have anymore
No more smiles or calling me "Mr"
All I heard was "my friend,you have to go now"

I was half the man I was
When I walked in
T-shirt sagging
Pants falling
Even when the belt is adjusted
To the last possible hole
Lips dry and burnt
Hands dirty
Vision blurry
I could barely drive

The sun shined too bright that day
Intent on exposing the sins I committed
And tried to hide by playing cool
While inside I felt naked
Like everybody I passed on the roads
Can see what I had done
I was a couple of blocks from home
But it felt like I was miles away

No comments:

Post a Comment