Friday, June 24, 2011

A poem About Everyone

Greetings

I hope today's poem touches you like I was touched when i read the story of an infant who was tossed down a toilet pit and subsequently burnt with newspapers by her own mother. I hope we all find a little love within each of us and show it to the next. a smile goes a long way. Lets show a little love. LETS ALL SCREAM....WE ARE HUMAN!!!!!

Love peace Happyness
Les-T

A Poem About Everyone


I woke up this morning
Thinking how perfect life is
How perfect life is with you
And it made me want to write
A poem about love
About how love
Makes all things possible
Makes all things bearable
How it gives my pen
The charge it needs
To electrify a page
And gives my words
The power to capture your attention…
I wanted to write a poem

I carried on the rest of the day
With this train of thought
Bought into this idea
That with someone to love
Above all else
A smile, a page
A friendly face
And a warm embrace
The world is a beautiful place
A beautiful blank page
Waiting to be painted
With “Dreams come True”
And a candy coated reality…
I wanted to write a poem

I still want to write a poem
A poem about love
About tranquil trees
And beautiful flowers
About showers of hugs and kisses
For every little kid
But between pad and paper
Lies a thick layer of “here and now”
Unkempt promises
That make mothers frown
Smiles being wiped off kids’ faces
With each tear that runs down their cheeks
And keeps me from writing
But I want to write a poem


I want to write a poem
A poem about love
A poem about how
“You can do whatever
You put your mind to”
I told this to my little brother
And he said
“I guess no one ever wanted
To end world suffering”
I said maybe
The world is too big
To fit inside one man’s mind
Maybe if we collectively “put our minds to it”
Our hearts and hands will follow suit…

It’s our hearts and hands
That hate, that clench
That grab, that brutally hit
That indecently assault
That hold down rape victims
That muzzle the screams of infants
That throw them down toilet pits
That dump them in rubbish bins
Or bury them in shallow graves
Its our hearts that keep us as slaves
That chains our hands
That stops us from loving
From writing our young ones
A new tomorrow

I want to write a poem
A poem about love
About how our hearts and hands
Hold and caress
Support and protect
How fathers are neither
Suspects nor pedophiles
I want to write a poem
About how mothers love unconditionally
I want to write this poem
About me and about you
About every little child
I want to write this poem with a smile
Holding hearts and hands
I want to write this poem
About everyone
And not just a chosen few

1 comment:

  1. Great poem Les-T. Very thought provoking by bringing us back to reality.

    ReplyDelete