Tuesday, June 19, 2012

To Tshiamo


Again we have been blessed with life. My best friend and his wife had a beautiful baby boy yesterday morning. Tshiamo Mphokane was born weighing 3.5kg at about 9am on the 18th June 2012. And like me he is over the moon. he called me on the 17th at about 21h00pm complaining that he couldnt sleep(de ja vu). I on the other hand was as nervous as he was, so i wasnt much help. Now that Tshiamo is here i am even more nervous. I realise the responsibility that both me and his dad have. Not only is Theo Godfather to my daughter Kganya, Tshiamo is also my Godson. "i am the Godfather" haHAhHA...No we are not the mafia...but if you mess with our families we do have mafia tendencies..kapish*

anyway as customery here is my poem  to Tshiamo

We didnt say much
we didnt have to
because me
and your father knew
that in both our hands
your fragile hands must lay
clasping at our pinkies
with your little fingers
breathing life
into us

the silence said it all
as i held you in my arms
the lessons i have to teach you
and the many you will teach us
as we watch you grow
and we grow
into parents
friends
confidants
and shoulders to cry on

we didnt say much
we didnt have to
because what we felt
could be summed up
in one simple phrase

"Dude... we are dads"

love peace and happyness Les-T

No comments:

Post a Comment