Monday, December 28, 2009

questions

someone please tell me. do i write for my own sanity or is it to please my audience? Is my pen an extension of me? is my brush just an accessory?Everytime i struggle with a poem its because i read it and ask myself will my readers like it, will they relate? seldom i ask myself if it reflects how i truely feel inside



Is it that poets
Write in the dark
And recite with their eyes closed
On a stage with broken glass
No. I will pass the microphone
To the next
Baggy pants wearing
Rebel with a backpack
Let him hang himself
With his string
Of uneven words
And his poorly constructed verse
Come tumbling down on him
Like the twin towers
On deaf ears
Chained to format
And slaves to a rhyme scheme
And so
As his voice breaks
Over the sound system
So does his limbs
And his heart beckons
“Say something!”

No comments:

Post a Comment