Sunday, December 27, 2009

tribute to my ex

Forever is a very long time
And time has a way of changing things
They told me
And it rings true
When I think of the times me and you
Used to take long walks
Through taxi ranks and shacks
Whilst holding hands
And thought it was romantic
Then things got hectic
And you told me
You don’t love me
Anymore

But baby remember the time
We were dripping in sweat
Me inside you
You inside me
You said love
I said love
And we made love
Promised forever
Forever will be together

Remember the times
We used to fight and reconcile
Kiss and make up
We put it down in poetry
Called it
‘Bliss this misery’
And laughed about it

I hate the memories these grey skies bring
It was raining when I bought you that ring
Asked you to be my wife
And you couldn’t imagine life
Without me

But baby you should’ve told me
That your forever was just 2 years
And spared me the tears
The heartache
And headaches the after
You should’ve told me
That the ‘we means us’
These vows were written on water
And spared me the bullshit forever after

You could’ve spared me
The money I used
To buy that symbol of ‘our love’
That you so conveniently lost
Do you know how much that ring cost?

You could’ve spared me
The embarrassment and humiliation
Of having to tell my parents
We have broken up
Three days before kentsa magadi
Imagine ragadi
Looking at me with those big eyes
Asking me what happened
And I couldn’t answer

You could’ve spared me
The ‘aagh shame Joe are you ok’
I got from my boys
Who didn’t know what else to say

You could’ve spared me
But you didn’t
Now I had to find me peace
Through poetry
Like we said
'Its bliss this misery'

You were my Goddess
And I guess
I was just Icarus
Who flew too close to the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment