Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The story(the begining of the series)

The story is my way of sharing my struggle with substance abuse and addiction. The road I travelled was not an easy one. One that I didn't have to go through, no one has to go through that. I hope my sharing will help others understand and hopefully avoid this altogether. And those who are already on this path know that there is always an alternative route. A route to a better future. And that route is always available you just have to choose it.

The story is a series of poems I am working on, some new,some I wrote when I was an active addict. Poems which I had never shared with anybody. I have posted two of those poems already and have had a lot of response from people engaging me on what I was reffering to and a lot saying that they can relate. This has giving me the strenghth to look deep inside me and write about this as honestly as I can be. I try not to edit any of the poems and present them as they come...straight from the heart. It is a hard and painful process but one I think is necessary to heal.

This is my Story

To some it might read
Like a nightmare
But this
Is my life
The details of which
Might prove
Too graphic to share
Conversations hidden
In deleted text messages
Business done
In dark strange passages
But these poems are not
About any of that
Or the substances
That intoxicate men
Nor to what extent
They will go to acquire them
But its about
The life of a poet
And how he almost
Smoked it up a crack pipe
Almost lost it
To a fifty rand high

No comments:

Post a Comment