Friday, June 3, 2011

Fw: African Warriors

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!


From: "Lesley Masenya" <LesleyMasenya@flysaa.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:55:17 +0200
To: <lest560@mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za>
Subject: African Warriors

Good Day all

 

It has been brought to my attention that the Picture could not be viewed by a lot of people. Our Technical department is workin on it and promise to re post the picture on Monday…please accept our sincere apology…hope you enjoy the weekend and the next piece….

Stay Inspired

Les-T

African warriors

 

Les-T

 

 

My pen bleeds

When I think

Of all these unwanted seeds

Conceived through

One moment of passion

Now cast away like weeds

Left to fend for themselves

In this garbage bin of life

 

It's hard to survive in the urban

Wearing you poverty like a turban

How do you feel within

When they seek

A better day in your rubbish bin

Fighting off the cold with their naked skin

The latest edition of the SOWETAN

As their only weapon

They’re all African warriors within

With blunt spears

Trying to stab their grim reality

 

 

Chanting their songs of war

On cardboards

“No food

No clothes”

Fixed at the corner

Of your roads like billboards

Watching the lives

They wish they had drive past

 

My pen bleeds

When I think of all these unwanted seeds

Conceived through one moment of passion

Now cast away like weeds

Left to fend for themselves

Father-less

My father also left me

With one pair of shoes

And I knew I was destined to lose

I called him and he told me

He had nothing to lose

Like my existence wasn’t good enough

 

My pen bleeds

'Cos I feel their vibe

My pen bleeds

'Cos I am a part of that tribe

My pen bleeds

'Cos their situation

Is unlike my rhymes

Unrehearsed yet versed

In broken dreams

And silent screams

And

My heart cries

Because this situation will not end

Before my ink dries

 

 

Lesley Masenya | Chief Planner | Planning Support - SAA Technical

 

Mobile: 082 413 7568 | Phone: +2711-978-2061 | Fax: +2711-978-2285 | E-Mail: LesleyMasenya@flysaa.com

Room 257, 2nd Floor, Hangar 8, SAA Technical, OR Tambo International Airport- Johannesburg- South Africa

 




Directors:
T Daka (Chairman)*, JP Ndhlovu*, Y Kwinana*, SP Mzimela*

*Non Executive

Company Secretary – SAA Corporate

SAA Technical (Pty) Ltd               Reg. No. 1999/024058/07

No comments:

Post a Comment