Thursday, June 2, 2011

: Tribute To My Ex

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!


From: "Lesley Masenya" <LesleyMasenya@flysaa.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:55:30 +0200
To: <lest560@mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za>
Subject: FW: Tribute To My Ex

 

This is one of my friends’ favourite piece that I wrote. Well Mxolisi “MTN” Nkonde I have it posted.

 

Tribute to my ex

Les T

 

Forever is a very long time

And time has a way of changing things

They told me

And it rings true

When I think of the times me and you

Used to take long walks

Through taxi ranks and shacks

Whilst holding hands

And thought it was romantic

Then things got hectic

And you told me

You don’t love me

Anymore

 

But baby remember the time

We were dripping in sweat

Me inside you

You inside me

You said love

I said love

And we made love

Promised forever

Forever will be together

 

Remember the times

We used to fight and reconcile

Kiss and make up

We put it down in poetry

Called it

‘Bliss this misery’

And laughed about it

 

I hate the memories these grey skies bring

It was raining when I bought you that ring

Asked you to be my wife

And you couldn’t imagine life

Without me

 

But baby you should’ve told me

That your forever was just 2 years

And spared me the tears

The heartache

And headaches the after

You should’ve told me

That the ‘we means us’

These vows were written on water

And spared me the bullshit forever after

 

You could’ve spared me

The money I used

To buy that symbol of ‘our love’

That you so conveniently lost

Do you know how much that ring cost?

 

You could’ve spared me

The embarrassment and humiliation

Of having to tell my parents

We have broken up

Three days before kentsa magadi*

Imagine rakgadi**

Looking at me with those big eyes

Asking me what happened

And I couldn’t answer

 

You could’ve spared me

The ‘aagh shame Joe are you ok’

I got from my boys

Who didn’t know what else to say

 

You could’ve spared me

But you didn’t

Now I had to find me peace

Through poetry

Like we said

'Its bliss this misery'

 

You were my Sun Goddess

And I guess

I was just Icarus

Who flew too close to the sun!

 

 

*kentsa magadi---pay lobola

**rakgadi---Aunt





Directors:
T Daka (Chairman)*, JP Ndhlovu*, Y Kwinana*, SP Mzimela*

*Non Executive

Company Secretary – SAA Corporate

SAA Technical (Pty) Ltd               Reg. No. 1999/024058/07

No comments:

Post a Comment